Hotpoint Aquarius model 1100 makes an awful noise when spinn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hotpoint Aquarius 1100 washing machine. When the machine is on the spin cycle it has an additional backround sound like something is collapsing inside (sounds like sheets of metal/plastic falling down inside a metal container, is the best way to describe it) the machine. It is very loud and unsettling and occurs approx 10/15 times whilst the spin is on (long or short spin) - meaning it is not continous sounding but re-acurring. The machine works ok but I have inherited it from a previous owner and am unsure how long (or how often used) they have had it for. What do you think this is and how can I fix it? I\\\'m not very technical and feel unsure about opening up a washing machine.
There is also a stale smell coming from it too but I presume it is because the machine is not exactly new.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the drum bearings have gone.
With the door open and drum empty, see if you can move it up and down

more info in the very first topic, it says

Sticky: appliance problems / cures / manuals

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back