what boiler to replace my potterton envoy??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

ive posted on my thread about the boiler probs aswell .

basically my envoy boiler is knacked!!!

i need to replace it with a new boiler, does it have to be the condensing sort??

can anyone recommend a good boiler to replace it that willbe reliable.

i dont have a big budget (£1000) to buy and get it fitted.

is there anything that is compatible with the original pipe work.

if the boiler was that bad is it worth getting the rest of the system flushed through??

sorry for all the questions but i need to get it sorted.

thanks and happy new year.

steve

Sponsored Links
the system HAS to be flushed

and 1000 IMHO will not be enough by a fair old way

You may find you need more of a budget for replacing the old and yes it does have to be condensing.

Whats the issues with the envoy anyway?

the boiler was full of water aparently upto the level of the pilot light??

one of the sensors is knackered .

the plumber said he could repair it for around 150 but coldnt garuntee how long it would last.

not been use in years you see

Sponsored Links
Ah ok, the condensate traps probably blocked then.

Unfortunately your budget wont really get you much boiler wise. Probs worth getting the envoy fixed and keep it going untill you can afford a bigger budget.

i can stretch to a bit more to be honest but it cuts into my decorating fund!!(first house you see)

is the original pipework usuable or does it need to be different for difeerent boilers???

what would you recommend please boiler wise(condenser)

A thousand quid to supply and fit a boiler will get you nothing but a cheap piece of junk fitted in a sloppy way. That will probably mean that you are back to start in under 5 years and possibly hundreds of pounds in repairs.
First, make sure your system gets cleaned thoroughly and sufficiently protected with inhibitor. If the boiler is leaking internally, it is almost guaranteed to be full of all sorts of drab that has ruined your current boiler.
Search the forum for similar problems and read the FAQs to get an idea what is involved

what would you recommend as a good value for money boiler for a 3 bed end terrace house with a rad in each room (7 ithink)

cheers

steve

Depends on a lot of stuff but I would hesitiatingly suggest about 2K for a new boiler/ trvs in bedrooms and a powerflush

BTW lads that is only a suggestion not a redflag to have a go at old CM ok

:)

any good value for money boilers to look at??

cheers
steve

The Heatline are fairly cheap but like any boiler needs properly fitting on a clean system so will still cost about £1500 upwards.

Why not downsize your car???

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back