poor water pressure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, my first post!

ive been in my house now for about 18 months and when i first moved in i had a go at installing a new bathroom suite. i never tried the taps before i started. when it came to testing everything i had good cold water pressure but very poor hot water. when i fitted the kitchen sink the hot was poor there too.

i thought i might have created an air lock, someone recommended connecting hot and cold together, but that never cured it. A plumber came said it was the gate valve going into my boiler but he never came back, i took it off and looked at it and it looked fully open to me.

In my loft there is a platform which i assume the header tank used to sit on, but now its on the loft floor. I think its an 'indirect system' thats the one with no heating from my central heating? right

Other than the header tank possibly in the wrong place? ive no idea. someone help please my wife is a super nag! :p

Cheers Will

Sponsored Links
which problem your wife or the plumbing :LOL:
here is what could be your problem. your tap and shower fittings could have been set up for high pressure water e.g 0.5 -5 bar. from your water level to your outlet of the tap it could be say 0.2 bar with 10mm flexis going to them taps, your talking not so good water flow or pressure.

Strange,

If the cold is ok, then the flow from the header tank is ok. The poor flow on the hot certainly sounds like a restriction either into or out of the hot water cylinder. This can be caused by the gate valve sometimes.

How much lower is the header tank now, than it looks like it used to be?

G.

but the cold could be mains pressure anyway. hence good cold feed, bad hot feed

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, the header tank i about 5 maybe 6 foot lower than it would be on the platform.

im unsure about what kind of cylinder it is, ill have to have a look.

the cylinder has 1 feed at the bottom and two out the top, doesnt seem like there could be anything else major?

Cheers Will

put your hand under the cold tap if you cant stop the water, it will proberbly be mains, just cause you have an indirect cylinder it doesnt mean your cold distribution will be tank fed. try the same on the hot first you will know what i mean.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back