Rewiring a plug from Japan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys - I bought a hairdryer from Japan ( with worldwide changeable voltage) I have stuipidly cut off the sealed two pin plug in order to fit a uk plug and I find that the there are two wires which have no colours at all on the insulation - Any ideas or have i Knackered it completely
:oops:

Sponsored Links
Would the 2-pin plug have gone into a suitable socket either way round?

If so, it doesn't matter which you use for live & neutral...

Please post a photo of the plug that you hacked off. I suspect Ban may be right (much as it pains me! ;) )

Sponsored Links
Hi there - posted a pic of the said plug.

Thanks for your help and advice 'securespark' and 'ban all sheds!'

connect the two wires to live and neutral, does not matter which way round.

but where di you post the picture too?

if its in your album, you need to copy / paste the diynot code into your post

Hi guys - I bought a hairdryer from Japan ( with worldwide changeable voltage) I have stuipidly cut off the sealed two pin plug in order to fit a uk plug and I find that the there are two wires which have no colours at all on the insulation - Any ideas or have i Knackered it completely
:oops:

Here is your plug
I had one of those on a light from hong kong, they gave me an adaptor with it, that was just connected direct through to the normal pins with no fuse,personally I thought it was too dangerous to use.

The plug also fitted in the adapter both ways round.

I done what the others said and just cut it off and fitted a 13 amp plug with a 5 amp fuse.
Make sure the dryer is set to 230 volt though,and fuse at 3 or 5amp if possible. :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back