Help with radiator removal - Baxi Burmuda 57/4M system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to remove two radiators and probably cap them off or re-plumb a new one it nearby. I have a Baxi Burmuda 57/4M gas heating system but I am not sure if I need to drain the water out and if I do, how I do that.

Can anyone help me and provide instructions on what to do? My dad is going to help me, but he has only ever done this on an oil central heating system, but he is a very experiencec DIYer.

Sponsored Links
Draining a CH system is the same whatever fuel the boiler is run on.

Hopefully you will be able to locate a suitable drain off under a downstairs radiator, and after isolating the cold supply to the F&E tank, or tieing up the ball valve, it will be a simple case of opening the drain valve, then opening each upstairs radiator bleed valve to let the system drain.

You may also have to open the downstairs rads air bleed valves to drain them, depending on how the system has been plumbed.

Close the drain valve and release the ball valve or open the isolating valve on the F&E tank.

Are you really serious :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
don't worry on another forum i told him to isolate the boiler at the wall programmer, and he didn't know where it was.
confused-8.gif

Guys,

Whilst I really appreciate all the help, there is no need to make out like I am an idiot! The whole point of forums like these is so that people who don't know what they are doing can ask those that do. I think it is very shallow of people to laugh at the idea that I may not understand something that sounds simple to those that know about this sort of thing. The idea of helping someone is to assume they know nothing. My dad is more an expert than me and I was just trying to get some info that I could pass to him, whilst trying to understand it myself.

I am pleased I have got some answers but disappointed yet again that on a forum people make you the butt of their jokes - pathetic if you ask me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back