keston c40 starting problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i bought c40 just over 2 years ago for a substancial refurbishment, it sat around untill being fitted in march 2007. its been working fine untill about 2 weeks ago, noisy fan, then now refuses to ignite, there is gas, there is power to eletrode end of cable, but does not seem to ignite. even though this boiler is 2 years old its probably only had 3 0r 4 mths work as house is still under renovation (in my spare time). im not happy with this keston at all, any thought/views

Sponsored Links
typical keston reliability. call them and explain the situation and ask for an inwarranty repair.

cheers mate, will phone them on monday when they reopen. in the meantime ill just have to go to pub to keep warm

call them and explain the situation and ask for an inwarranty repair.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: i'd lay good odds that the answer will be no.

You should have tried to sell it when you had the chance. now you are lumbered with one of the most unreliable boilers on the market!

Sponsored Links
With Keston they are usually disinclined to offer an out of warranty repair in the winter.

In warranty, not a chance. You are lucky to have got 2 years out of it, most go t*ts up in the first 12 months.

should of bought a heatline :LOL:

i don't understand how Keston could get it so wrong when designing and making a boiler?

i bet this boiler was make about the time they where having trouble with the rotting internal flue tube...something to look forward to ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back