Vaillant Ecotec Plus 937 problem

Vaillant being arrogant again if you ask me.

Why, after telling us they have found the 'cure' for this fault, have they not issued a general re-call to modify all existing 937's :confused:

Answer, because as we all know, Vaillant is one of the most tight ar*ed company's around :eek:

Good products, crap support from the admin side and a hope that the non-modified ones will last until the warranty expires :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Is there any way of finding out if my boiler has the new modified PCB?

Sometimes the boiler delivers very hot water even if the storage tank is off and the thermostat set as low as 35C!

Is that sometimes on a Wednesday morning?

No seriously it could be because the 937 does its Legionnaires Disease high temperature run on a Wednesday!

A Bit like Monday being laundry day and Friday being fish day.

Wednesday is anti-bac day!

Bizarre!

Sponsored Links
Is that sometimes on a Wednesday morning?

No seriously it could be because the 937 does its Legionnaires Disease high temperature run on a Wednesday!

It last happen today, the strange thing about it is that it happens and then stops for quite a few days even weeks!

The storage tank was off when it happened and resetting the boiler solves the problem.

Is the shift load pump supposed to fire up when you open a hot water tap when the boilers storage tank is off?

Vaillant being arrogant again if you ask me.

Why, after telling us they have found the 'cure' for this fault, have they not issued a general re-call to modify all existing 937's :confused:

Answer, because as we all know, Vaillant is one of the most tight ar*ed company's around :eek:

Good products, rubbish support from the admin side and a hope that the non-modified ones will last until the warranty expires :rolleyes:

you dont know the half of it...will post up my troubles with valliant on argi when i get my strengh back :cry:

Ok - the engineer came around weds and replaced the PCB. Hopefully everything will be fine now.

I agree - if there is a known fault why didn't they notify existing owners for a mod? Not good.

Do we know the date/serial number when the change was implemented?

Ecotec 937 with power store. F81 F91 Fault. Believed to be trapped air in storage tank/pump kicking out sensors giving the perception of various problems- switching the boiler on/off several times with central heating mode in operation seemed to agitate the air out eg to rads from where it was bled. Our boiler came back into operation.

My 937 has just developed this fault. I called Vaillant and got a service policy and they sent someone that day.

All seemed to good, the bloke turned up looked at my bolier in the space under the kitchen extension and said he wouldnt touch it. Nice!

Called the guys that fitted it (about the time you started this thread) and they recon they will have to take the whole thing apart to get to the pump - really?

Also is there a way of switching off the storage tanks and just using it like an 837 to get around the issue?

I thought that Vaillant would have repaired it as long as the installation clearances are in place.

Perhaps someone else can advise on their policies in this respect.

Tony

When I talked to the guy that installed it he said it was tight but within minimum clearances.

The vaillant guy could only been able to see the lower front 25% of the boiler from where he stood. It seemed like he didnt want to get his trousers dirty.

If it is possible to just disable the tank system with minimum effort then I will be happy to go with that. The hot water that comes out is often cloudy and looks far from drinking quality.

If it is possible to just disable the tank system with minimum effort then I will be happy to go with that.

Assuming your 937 is the Mark.I Ecotec - turn the hot water temperature dial all the way down to the '-' position, the 'C' symbol should disappear from the LCD display and then you can set the dial to whatever temperature you require; half-way is usually adequate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back