Identify my house type and advice on garage door to suit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

My first post here so hope someone can help.

I want to:

1 - Identify my house (see photo attached) beyong my own brief assumptions of it being a Edwardian/Victorian semi. For those out there that know their achitecture does it have a more specific genre?

2 - Once identified, even if everyone says that, yes it's a victorian semi, can anyone suggest any specific url's that can help me decorate and restore this style of house. Fixtures & fittings, colour schemes, windows & door styles etc.

3 - Get a suggestion of a garage door style.

View media item 10573
or

Many thanks

Rich[/img]

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
suggest any specific url's that can help me decorate and restore this style of house. Fixtures & fittings, colour schemes, windows & door styles etc.

Do you mean like .. a coal fire, tin bath in the kitchen, a toilet up the garden, a mangle and clothes drier hanging from the ceiling?

Colour scheme of red black and cream

You need to sort out the images, one is private, the other only shows as a thumbnail

Anyway, from the features, it is looks more Edwardian, but could be a late Victorian. Or just a mock pastiche from a later time.

The only way you will know is to do some local research

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back