Locating flu for new boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Care of the Warmfront/eagerheat scheme I've just had a new boiler installed. It's a Baxi Solo 18HE. It doesn't fire up and I'm awaiting a visit from an engineer but that's another story.
The boiler which was removed had an unobtrusive balanced flu oulet on the house front wall. The new boiler has a tube exiting the wall and halfway up to the eaves! It looks appalling. The fitter said those were his instructions as new building regs required that the outlet had to be more than 300mm from a window.
Can this new boiler have a balanced flu outlet without the need for the tubing?

Sponsored Links
these boilers need very correct termination of the terminal,please post photos of your flue.
baxi boiler you lucky sod.

To OP.
The flue on a boiler is and has to be exactly as specified by the manufacturer.
Search the forum on warmfront, and you will see that an unsightly flue is the least of your worries.

Better than an ideal I suppose, but to call the owner of a solo lucky?

these boilers need very correct termination of the terminal,please post photos of your flue.
baxi boiler you lucky s**.
An inspector has to call to check everything so after his call I'll post a photo.

Sponsored Links
sure its not a plume management kit that was used. personally id also complain :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back