What order?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, were refitting our bathroom and are looking for advice. :confused:
What order to do things in. Any help would be good.
Im putting in the pipe work at the mo, but when that done we need to,

1. Fit a fitted WC and recessed hand basin.
2. Tile two walls.
3. Fit the bath.
4. Lay flooring.

I think the main point is do i lay the floor, then put the units/bath on top, or fit the units and floor around them. As i say im also fitting pipes under the floor, what if i ever need to get to them?
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
PLUMBBUDDY said:
I think the main point is do i lay the floor, then put the units/bath on top, or fit the units and floor around them. As i say im also fitting pipes under the floor, what if i ever need to get to them?
Many thanks.
What type of flooring, is it floor tiles ?

Its gonna be a vinyl / plastic type floor thing, the stuff on a roll- cushion stuff, (im not sure what its real name is).

Personal opinion.
You should fit the bath before tiling the walls. This makes it easier to seal the top edge of the bath against the wall, (the sealing strips that fit under the tiles do a marvelous job). It also allows you to set out the tiles against the top edge of the bath, giving a more aesthetically pleasant finish.

You should tile the walls before the floor (saves messing up your new floor with adhesive and grout).

You should fit the flooring before the WC, bath panel, sink pedestall, etc.. (saves a lot of cutting of the flooring and gives a neater finish).

So I'd:
Fit the bath
Tile two walls
Lay flooring
Fit a fitted WC and recessed hand basin

If you are going to do anything to the ceiling, do that before any of this work.

Sponsored Links
Cheers TexMex, yes we've done the ceiling - nice n white with recessed lights :)
Thanks.

Just to support this view - that's the order the guys did my bathroom, and they do it for profit. Makes sense.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back