things that make ya go HMMMMM !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have one rad thats stone cold .. i have a 1 pipe system with just a shut off valve that can only turn 90 degrees at the radiator ..the plastic handle broke so i took it off theres a flat spot on it to indicate flow or stop ... it was closed and now its open ... i have bled it and just water comes out ...it seems no water is goin IN or OUT ... can there be a clog somewhere??? can that happen?? ive been in this house 3 years and i dont think its ever worked...this rad is towards the end of the loop but the rads after it are workin fine ...if all else fails im pullin out the sledge hammer ! thanks in advance..... :LOL:

Sponsored Links
... can there be a clog somewhere???

Definitely. You could try the tourist information centres in Amsterdam, Delft, or Utrecth (Seem to remember it has a very tall cathedral with more than 800 steps, seemed a lot at 11).

Sponsored Links
Howdy
You could try changing the valve. If all the other rads are getting hot the blockage will not be in the flow pipe.
If not the valve the rad could be full of sludge which will need flushing :)

I'm nice and warm, can afford to make jokes. Secret is, we ain't got central heating :D. It ain't all it's cracked up to be, and as I have to fix so many problems on heating, my wood burner is WONDERFUL :D

So you have ONE rad that's cold and you expect us to believe you are freezing your nuts? That must be an effin big rad to be unable to heat the house when all the others must be postage stamps and red hot. Pull the other one, you're not practicing for presidential election speeches (are you?).

well thanks for the help mates..... im off for a spot of tea and crumpets then i will work on the bloody radiator ..lol .... seriously ... thanks i see kev posts alot of great info to help others ....oilman you might wanna try the same we come here looking for help not heartache MATE

HAAAA too funny it wont let me say

swear word removed

........we come here looking for help not heartache MATE

George Bush came looking for help, he got it, then dished out the heartache.

Ms Quinn came here looking for help, got it, then dished out the heartache.

You wouldn't be doing the same, would you? You have one radiator out of all, and you claim to be suffering from freezing nuts, is this true? or do you just have a small problem for which you want help. If you wish to have a dig at me, I can give as good as I get.

fear not little diggy... had your mother not told you ...(if you have nothing nice to say...dont say anything at all.) if not .. you have just been notified .. and i will forward this to mumsy for ya..and keep this in mind focker YOU WOULD BE SPEAKIN GERMAN RIGHT NOW IF NOT FOR THE SACRFICE OF MY FAMILY YOU UNAPPRECIATIVE OAF.. ! it perplexes me as to why you would bring politics into a forum about a radiator problem.. but thats something you can work out with ur therapist ..im done with this UK forum so say what u want i will no longer respond to your gibberish

.....had your mother not told you ...(if you have nothing nice to say...dont say anything at all.)

Ah, your mother must have been so busy talking to my mother SHE forgot to tell YOU the same. Otherwise you would not have written the rest of your last post.

Would it have been any worse for Britain to be speaking German than for say Vietnam (G. Bush snr) or Iraq (G. Bush jnr) being shown the way to democracy? (Don't try and answer, there is no answer, as whatever happens history can't be re-run to find out what would have happened.) What may surprise you is that however many people died on whatever side, we will never know why what happened, happened; as we will not be allowed to find out the reasons for the governments doing what they did.

crazy_Bob_Rock said:
YOU WOULD BE SPEAKIN GERMAN RIGHT NOW IF NOT FOR THE SACRFICE OF MY FAMILY YOU UNAPPRECIATIVE OAF.. !

Jawohl :LOL:

Chill out man, you did get some advice as to your problem.
Post back with the result :)

Don't worry about history- Hollywood will have completely written the Brits out of the war by the 100th anniversary - still, we won't have to be sooooooooooooooo grateful anymore!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back