Servowarm elite 30 pilot light not lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help! Our Servowarm boiler has stopped working. When we press the button to relight the pilot light, nothing happens, not even a flicker of a spark. We have pressed the reset button. Having spoke to a local tradesman, he says most of the parts aren't available.

Can anyone suggest what might have gone wrong, so we could see if those parts are still made before calling someone out, as we'd like to get it repaired if possible rather than replacing it?

Sponsored Links
Without seeing and testing the boiler I cannot guess exactly whats wrong. If you had given the model number that might have helped.

Many of the parts are obsolete but also most can be obtained by those prepared to make the effort. But its quicker and potentially more profitable to try to get you to have a new boiler.

Tony

It's an elite 30 as I said in the title, is there another model number I should be looking for? I had a quick look at it and couldn't see any other info apart from a serial number? It's 1986, if that helps.

It's good to know parts should be obtainable. It's been built into the kitchen cupboards and taking it out will mean cutting the fitted kitchen up :eek: We'd prefer not to have to do that just yet!

It may not actually need any parts but does need a competent engineer who is prepared to actually repair the boiler. Many just want to come to quote for a new boiler! Why do a £90 job when it could be a £2000 job?

Not all the parts are available and thst usually means finding another boiler using the same part.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Has the wire come off the Pizzo.

Probably just need a new thermalcoupler.

Thought you might like the update. I found someone who was prepared to have a go at repair, and he discovered it was just blocked, no parts needed. It's now unblocked, and still working at the moment!

tHanks for all your help and advice :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back