DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

How to get my transit door open

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Car Repairs / Maintenance
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
tommyl18

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:23 pm Reply with quote

Hi ive got a ford transit lwb r reg and the drivers door has jammed and wont open from the inside or outside we have taken the door card off from the inside and the barrel is working fine the door handles and linkages are ok it seems to be the latch has either seized or is broke we have drilled the rivets and removed the metal plate behind the barrel to get axcess to the latch but the latch has a case around it and we cannot remove it because the screws for the latch are obviously on the side of the door which we cannot get access to without opening the door any ideas how to remove the latch and get the door open ?
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
dinou

from Australia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:44 am Reply with quote

[quote="tommyl18";p="1409334"]Hi ive got a ford transit lwb r reg and the drivers door has jammed and wont open from the inside or outside we have taken the door card off from the inside and the barrel is working fine the door handles and linkages are ok it seems to be the latch has either seized or is broke we have drilled the rivets and removed the metal plate behind the barrel to get axcess to the latch but the latch has a case around it and we cannot remove it because the screws for the latch are obviously on the side of the door which we cannot get access to without opening the door any ideas how to remove the latch and get the door open ?[/quote

I have the same problem how did you fix it?
 Alert Moderators
10phil79

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:33 pm Reply with quote

hey - I had same problem with my golf. In my case, the deadlock had siezed - in the locked position.

i managed to drill through the lock housing from inside the car and "wind back" the worm and peg mechanism to un-lock the lock.

of course - most probably a different setup in the ford but thought this may help you in some way.
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Car Repairs / Maintenance All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: