Accessibilty for Dishwasher socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

It's looking questionable if I can get a plug into the socket for my dish washer because it is so close behind a unit I would have difficulty turning it off to isolate it,I could I cut a hole in the back of the unit for access is this OK or do I need to find alternative socket or could it be run off a fused spur even?

Yes I am aware of part P if I need extra sockets, things moving ...........................

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is chasing out an option in your kitchen? you could chop a spur into the kitchen ring which feeds a single socket behind your DW.

Is chasing out an option in your kitchen? you could chop a spur into the kitchen ring which feeds a single socket behind your DW.

Cheers for the reply

Well the single socket originally fed the DW but I have a new unit added which makes it a bit awkward now. The flex is very near it's just the accessibility and the single socket already is a spur.

Is it ok to have the access for socket in the cupboard or shall I think of something else?

Sponsored Links
Yes Robbie, it's fine to have access to that socket via the adjacent cabinet.

Alternatively, you fit a blanking plate with connectors in place of that socket and relocate the socket into the unit provided it's adequately fixed to the main carcass.

Just do it.........

Lucia.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back