unclean dishes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my indesit d63 leaves a film of dirt encrusted on dishes. I have checked the spray arms, the filter, the salt levels and the water pipes into the machine. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Arey you using rinse aid. Although they advertise 3 in one tabs they dont do the job still needs rinse aid. If not try it as it will often leave them feeling grotty

You cant beat a bowl of hot soapy water and a pan scourer. oh and about ten minutes of your time :LOL:

But beware of rinse aid -we used it in our Indeseit (DE73/DE63) and they had to come and replace the motor - twice) they said it was the rinse aid getting into the motor but we actually stopped using that and the motor has gone again (3rd time in 3 years) unfortunately this time it is not insured so we are beign stung for around £170

Sponsored Links
nstreet said:
You cant beat a bowl of hot soapy water and a pan scourer. oh and about ten minutes of your time :LOL:

I think that should have read

You cant beat a bowl of hot soapy water and a pan scourer. oh and about ten minutes of your partners time.

(Note the careful tread there :D )

Igorian said:
nstreet said:

I think that should have read

You cant beat a bowl of hot soapy water and a pan scourer. oh and about ten minutes of your partners time.

(Note the careful tread there :D )

Actaully, you can, by using a dishwasher!

Normally the dishes come out cleaner, more hygenically, using less water and energy when washed in a dishwasher than washing by hand! And when factoring in time spent washing up etc ther's no contest - a dishwasher wins hands down (not in the bowl!) every time!

Normally the dishes come out cleaner, more hygenically, using less water and energy when washed in a dishwasher than washing by hand! And when factoring in time spent washing up etc ther's no contest - a dishwasher wins hands down (not in the bowl!) every time!

So your'e trying to tell me that your dish washer uses less than a half a washing up bowl of water and less energy. The only energy we use is in pysical activity doing the washing up and it only takes 10 minutes a day. It probably takes you that to load and unload the washer, polish the glasses and wipe the smears off your plates. Not to mention cleaning the filters etc etc.

I bet it doesn't cost less financially. £2.00 for wasing up bowl, 69p every 8 weeks for liquid.:cool: If you want to tell me that your day is sooo busy you cant find 10 minutes I'd tell you I could smell b*llSh*t.

Never believed in them, never will.

At least I can still do mine in a power cut. :p

I was in domestic appliance development for 20+ years, I didn't beleive in them or have one (& all my appliances were free & changed every year). I left the company built a new kitchen & yes bought a dishwasher.
I was converted.
I have just bought another one (performance does not appear as good as the first).
You need plenty of dishes, but as already said a lot more hygienic.

nstreet said:

So your'e trying to tell me that your dish washer uses less than a half a washing up bowl of water and less energy. The only energy we use is in pysical activity doing the washing up and it only takes 10 minutes a day. It probably takes you that to load and unload the washer, polish the glasses and wipe the smears off your plates. Not to mention cleaning the filters etc etc.

I bet it doesn't cost less financially. £2.00 for wasing up bowl, 69p every 8 weeks for liquid.:cool: If you want to tell me that your day is sooo busy you cant find 10 minutes I'd tell you I could smell b*llSh*t.

Never believed in them, never will.

At least I can still do mine in a power cut. :p

A dishwasher will use around 15 litres to water to wash, rinse and dry 12 full place settings of crockery, cutlery,glasses etc. If you can wash/rinse and dry that lot PROPERLY in 1 bowl of HOT water (by which I mean 7.5 l, at least 55°C) in the 10 mins you reckon it takes then you must be the world's No 1 washer up!

Figures based on research recording how people actually washed up, how much water they used and how clean the result was .

(PS -I think you forgot the energy required to heat the hot water for your bowl of washing up - unless you're washing up in cold? ;) )

And the machine heats the water required, no need to draw water off to get hot..My house takes about 3 gallons to get a pint of hot..Then all the water left in the pipe (all nice & hot) goes cold, next time you need water 3 gallons wasted again.

towman said:
A dishwasher will use around 15 litres to water to wash, rinse and dry 12 full place settings of crockery, cutlery,glasses etc.

Looks like I need to buy another 6 place settings before I buy a dishwasher ;)

I do agree that they are more hygeinic, but in a lot of circumstances they are not as energy efficient.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back