Combi boiler Worcester Bosch 30 dci fan or pbc problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I'm hoping for a little advice. I recently had a big flood my house, meaning we've had to move out while insurance company fix the damage. During the flood my electricity board got drenched, among other things.

A heating company came out and disconnected the boiler, removed all rads, drained the system and then left the remaining trades to complete there work.

Today they have returned to fit rads and few bits in bathroom etc. On refilling the system and powering up the boiler it is showing a fault with c6 which I believe is linked to the fan or the pbc.

My insurance company are saying that this is not related to the wider claim so won't fix it. My argument is that it was working before hand, now it isn't so they need to fix it.

What I'm after is any advice as to whether to two incidents (flood and work done to my plumbing/heating and the boiler now being broke) could be linked.

I have spoken to Worcester who have said they could not rule out that damage to electrics didn't cause the pbc to break, although I would have expected the fuse to trip.

Any advice much much appreciated as I'm having nothing but bad luck at the moment.

Thanks in advance

Ste

Sponsored Links
Well did your boiler get wet in the flood?????? If yes it is poss both are fooked, is it a greenstsr cdi or standard eff

Hi mate, boiler didn't get wet.... Just consumer unit :-/

It's a 30 cdi, gc- no 47-311-93 serial no 10785

Can't see greenstsr written anywhere but it looks the same as one when I've just looked on Bosch website.

I guess from my position, it was working fine, had flood, people tinkered with heating system, now it's not working so I should be covered. However i am sure my insurance won't take such a positive attitude. If there isI a way out of it they'll find it no doubt :confused:

One thing that did happen today is....

Two lads working inhouse. Young lad was asked to fill boiler. He asked me why it wasn't turned on... I said because you removed fuse and put tape round it. So he looked in other cupboard where power is and put fuse back in etc.... He then began filling boiler.... I'm sat in kitchen and about 20 mins later the other fella came in and said have you turned your boiler on since we came in several weeks ago.... I said no, your colleague just done it.

If he turned power on before filling could this have caused the problem?

Is it a condensing boiler, why dont you tell insurane it got wet, even if a surveyor came round he wouldnt know if it had dried out unless flood was nowhere near

Sponsored Links
Its a worcester greenstar 25 CDI C6 means fan speed is to low, it seems it should be connected to fan, if theyve been messingwith boiler need 2 makesure fan lead and connector, could be fan is nackard, these fans have a pcb built onto them, dont think it would be a main PCB fault, but its one of them without seeing it?? sorry :cry:

your boiler is a greenstar cdi- c6 is a fan fault ( running slow) fans do not like water! A fan will cure the problem! I have seen this fault when water ingresses onto the fan!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back