combi boiler probs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi this is new to me so bare with me, my boiler is only firing up when using hot water, when i try and put the heating on it fires up but only for a couple of seconds and then cuts off. the pressure is on 1.5 to 2, iwas having problems with it few months back when it just kept cutting out and needed resetting all the time. please help as the other half is already wanting the heating on

Sponsored Links
sorry bout that its a britony combi chaffoteaux & maury it was installed in 2001 thx 4 getting back 2 me.

well fletch that narrows it down to 4 or so is it a 40/60 or 80/100 or even an se ;)

if its not the se first port of call would be the flow switches :idea:

Sponsored Links
thx kev. its got combi 80 in one corner and combi 100 on the manual. :confused: :confused:
flow switches are they easy to find and wot would i do give em a clean or replace ?????

check the flow switches two black lumps behind the front panel if you have the mi's you should find them ok they are a git for sticking

can't remember which is which (altzhimers) :LOL:

thx kev wil av a look 2mara when i get up on a nite shift in fords at mo. thx again will let ya no how i get on.

hi kev right itook the flow swith off and unscrewed it water everywhere flooded my hallway didnt go down well wiv the other half opps! now ad afriend over took off plugs and things checked it it out cheaked the valves on the rads were open bled them a touch. noticed the pump was red hot so uncrewed it let some water out to see if the spindle was workin and it was. pipes within boiler are hot but the pipes goin to the first rad are still cold any thin else to try

by the sound of it diverter valve is stuffed (if there is dirt in the system it's common)

fwiw you have a pile of french plastic carp there imho :eek:

thx kev youv been a help, got a pro cumin in the morning wonder wot thats going to cost me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back