Using one alarm to trigger another

<M12 is better, I have them in my property, nuff said?
You skimp on a good fire heat rate detector you might die, cheap on a pir your robbed.
Rather be robbed than my sons and myself die.

Securityware, is run by a m8 and at times I buy from him, can offer good deals. But I use who supplied the best at the best price so he is one of a few I use. Some you cannot as you are not trade, such is life. We all have to make a living.

PS you have cost me several mins of my time!! :p

Soz Midlands is sewn up!

As again its fun to have someone with half an idea.

Your final test will be fun too............You know your house, its strengths and weaknesses I assume?

Sponsored Links
someone with half an idea

:LOL: that about sums me up !

The M12 it is then, can't get a better recommendation.
I'll see if I can split the orders to get the best prices and fall within the free delivery brackets.

Midlands sorted ? Darn. I'm on the Staffs border, so... ;)

I know I'd said so before but I shall repeat, much appreciated for all the time & effort taken to put me on the right path. I'll try and keep future stoopid q's down to a minimum !!!

Cheers

LoL keep em coming.
A few like myself do like to help out. Without charge :S
Saves some idiots blowing themselves up!!
Not I hasten to add, I think you will unless you ask stoopid questions about fused spurs!
#Thats a 3amp fuse to the panel BTW. Clean circuit or off the 30amp ring not the kin lights!

I await the questions about areas and asigning keypads.

Clean circuit or off the 30amp ring not the kin lights!

lol, defo not the kin lights

3 pages, looks like you've got this one sorted mate.

Top advice from a top bloke mr gear!

Sponsored Links
Fused spur already in to old panel thankfully, I put that in 6+ years ago (before any new regs came in - I hope !)

Not sure if it counts as lights but it was a bug*er getting the cable from the lamppost outside.... :LOL:

Heres a question off on a tangent for you - why doesn't anyone make surge suppressed fused spurs ? I fitted suppressors after a power cut took the panel down once, just wondered why you can't get them built in to a fused spur...?

Yep, brace yourself for the programming questions though that should be even more fun !

Lamposts are fine as they have sodium bulbs and do not effect MCB`s in the same way as RCD`s. :eek:
But use Google, there are plenty of surge protected spurs. A real bummer if your a Gooner fan!
But, if you use a phone line or Ethernet you need protection on them as well.

Bring on the game, programming silly part sets to allow for ostridges and newfoundland dogs in heat and not tripping the shock sensors when the ostridge gets it after burying its head in the sand!!!!

:cool:

Bring on the game, programming silly part sets to allow for ostridges and newfoundland dogs in heat and not tripping the shock sensors when the ostridge gets it after burying its head in the sand!!!!

Late night + stella, perhaps :LOL: :p

But use Google, there are plenty of surge protected spurs.

If you can find one, please give me the link and I'll bow to your superior googling skills - I've tried and failed more than once, then resorted to aftermarket suppressors !!! :confused:

I think mryoung might be correct about te stella - ostridges !?!?! lol

Hopefully I'll get the stuff together for a week Friday so don't go far !

Sorry my google skills must have been better also :p
Try this http://www.pddevices.co.uk/datasheets/latest/SPLB1-13.pdf

Not quite what I was thinking by a surge protected fused spur - good try though... ;)

Or just use a full protection kit http://www.actmeters.com/CPS-3-Control-Panel-Suppression-Kit.php

Personally if in any doubt use the ACT kit.

Glad you said that 'cos it was the ACT stuff I fitted, though not exactly that in the link.

Good news on the battery front, thanks both.

Just starting to plan it all now - am I right in thinking that the garage keypad will give 2 additional zones, meaning I can set them up as zones 9 & 10 and therefore don't have to series-up any PIRs to give me the additional zone for the fire detector ???

Had to look myself then, yes it has 2 zones on the RkP.
So you have a bonus.

Not my main stay of panels, but I can read :p

Hi there,

Hope you are all well and nicely rested after the festive period... cos I'm back !!

Just to give an update, I've now got all the bits n pieces I need and have started wiring it all up where possible. Adding the resistors in is a bit fiddly at the moment but I'll get it sorted.

I'm hoping come Saturday I'll be ready to do the main panel swap (weather permitting as I need to get to the existing sirens) so after that comes the fun part... programming !

As I've said I very much value your help so far, so if/when I get into difficulties I'll be here asking for more of the same help - hope thats ok !!!

Stand by.... :D

ps I don't think I can change the title of this topic can I ? Its gone way beyond my original question !!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back