Siemens Dishwasher SE65E330GB - How to access pump?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughter's dishwasher has a leak at the pump / sump interface. I have removed the side panels and front panel, but can't see any convenient way of getting to the pump. How do I gain access to the pump to check the seals? Many thanks in anticipation.

DM

Sponsored Links
Only way to see with the pump in situ is to look at the front of the pump where it goes into the sump for any sign of water leak or crud.

Siemens group machines typically leak from the sump/pump seal and you need to remove the pump to access it. The seals wear on the lower part.

I suspect you are referring to the circulation motor & not the drain pump. The circulation motor is on the right hand side looking from the front & it can be a real pain to remove. Only way...remove side panels & front plate just under the door. Slacken the 2 screws holding the stainless steel tank to the plastic base plate on the left hand side & remove the same 2 screws completely on the right hand side. Lie the machine on its back & lever the base plate away from the tank at the right hand side about 4 - 5cm & wedge a bit of wood in there to hold it open. That gives you just about enough room to take off the circulation motor. It is locked in position so use a screwdriver to release in the catch on the right side of the motor then rotate the in a clockwise direction. You can buy a a seal kit for these machines which saves you buying the whole motor. But to supply you with the correct part numbers you'll have to post the complete "E" number. The one you quoted is not complete....it is missing 2 digits at the end & could be anything from 35 to 75.

Thanks Zipper - You are correct its the circulation motor. The motor assembly can be moved slightly when pushed; does this imply that it is not interfaced correctly, hence the leak? I would expect the motor to be solidly mounted. I will check the missing digits of the E number tomorrow. VMT

Sponsored Links
No, the interface is in all probability good. At first glance the motor can seem kind of sloppy. But it is only held in place by a couple of rubber resilient mountings & a bit of pipework, it will move around if you push it. The seals are likely shot, it is a very common issue. Post the last 2 digits when you have time & I'll give you the p/n for the correct seal kit.

Hi Zipper - The full number is SE65E330GB/35. I managed to remove the circulation motor and clean up the seals which had 'gung' deposits at the point of leakage. Refitted all and appears leak free but will wait a few days. In the mean time I would appreciate details of the 'seal kit' to which you refer. What seals are included?

It was a long day, and facinating to watch the matrix and associated chambers/floats operating during a cycle.

Minor problem now is that the dispenser flap will not slide shut. I may have obstructed the rear linkeage when I replaced the front panel. Thanks again.

DM

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back