worcester bosch 230 combi boiler problems help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a worcester bosch combi 230, came home yesterday, and although it was making sounds as if working, no heat, checked boiler no pilot light. it was sparking and the fan was turning, but now nothing, just a pumping sound and no pilot, or sparking or fan turning...

help

Sponsored Links
chenged fuses on pcb anyway, but still not lighting, the pilot is sparking as normal but no gas is coming through???? HELP

chenged fuses on pcb anyway, but still not lighting, the pilot is sparking as normal but no gas is coming through???? HELP

Sorry this is a gas related question ,you will need to get an RGI to do some checks, we cant give out this info for safety reasons

check the gas valve coils for continuity.

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks, I just want to know what the problem is so I don't get ripped off when I all the engineer... electrics I am confident with Gas i wouldnt touch for safety reasons.. guidance would be good on actual problem

Sorry this is a gas related question ,you will need to get an RGI to do some checks, we cant give out this info for safety reasons

worcester dont do a 230, is it a 240 or 280?

Is the fan running? your boiler is between 10 and 20 yrs old! get someone out to check it out. You are not going to get someone on here who will tell you the answer on your information.

Worcester charge £210 for a fix including parts!

Don't think I would ask you as you didint even know they made it...think you better do a basic search on the net and improve your knowledge..

Thanks to everyone but I have helped myself, Its the Gas Inlet Valve, most likely Jammed shut, unlikely to be PCB as everything else working well and it appears in excellent condition.

Think some of you need to resit your corgi or something, I am a novice and I diagnosed it faster than any of you con merchants

worcester dont do a 230, is it a 240 or 280?

Is the fan running? your boiler is between 10 and 20 yrs old! get someone out to check it out. You are not going to get someone on here who will tell you the answer on your information.

Worcester charge £210 for a fix including parts!

jonkar just done a check on the internet and the worcester website and you are wrong, No 230 was ever made! wow you must have a "one off" boiler just made for you!

Really glad you fixed your "230" all by yourself! hope it breaks down again tomorrow! Why come on here and start abuse??? Loser!

so you whats wrong who going to change it for you and set up the new vavle as get it wrong and it can be dangrous

Thanks to everyone but I have helped myself, Its the Gas Inlet Valve, most likely Jammed shut, unlikely to be PCB as everything else working well and it appears in excellent condition.

Think some of you need to resit your corgi or something, I am a novice and I diagnosed it faster than any of you con merchants

You have the advantage of being with the boiler. Also how do you establish they're con merchants and where have they conned you?

You'll find literature can still be downloaded from WB's discontinued list.

Been on there searching hence my earlier reply! NO 230 ever produced! don't you read posts! hence my reply...please find me a 230 I would love to see it as wb only do a 240 and 280 ! If he has a "230" then it is a rare item and maybe worth millions! If you have seen or worked on a "230" i will send you £100! as stated!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back