leccy board seals

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I heard that you can go on a day course in changing meter tails, but apparently this allows you to be able to legally replace seals. APPARENTLY!

now i dont know if this is true or not and would like it if you all may be able to help me with this query?[/b]

Sponsored Links
Wherever the course you need to be appointed in writing by the DNO's to do anything on their system, last I heard a course for county council staff to withdraw/replace the fuse in streetlights was a 1week course!

My son in one job was replacing meters and of course re-sealing but changed employer and now not allowed officially to replace seals. It is unlikely anyone not employed to do work for the DNO can officially replace a seal. That is not to say that people always follow the rules.

There is a 1 day fuse pulling course available from all DNO's but they only allow persons carrying out work under the MOCOPA umbrella on it.

It is unlikely anyone not employed to do work for the DNO can officially replace a seal.

I am not employed to do work for DNO's yet i can officially pull a fuse and re-seal.

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
There is a 1 day fuse pulling course available from all DNO's but they only allow persons carrying out work under the MOCOPA umbrella on it.

MOCOPA is an agreement between the DNO's and the meter operators to allow suitably trained & qualified persons to withdraw the DNO fuse to carry out work on the meter (meter changing).
It does not allow the withdrawl of fuses to work on customer's equipment which would put the meter operators in breech of agreements

(on a operations course today so asked our operations engineers who deal with authorisations)
(the full MOCOPA course is two weeks)

MOCOPA is an agreement between the DNO's and the meter operators to allow suitably trained & qualified persons to withdraw the DNO fuse to carry out work on the meter (meter changing).
It does not allow the withdrawl of fuses to work on customer's equipment which would put the meter operators in breech of agreements

(on a operations course today so asked our operations engineers who deal with authorisations)
(the full MOCOPA course is two weeks)

Thats the legal bumf covered. Now, what do you all do for real?

Bearing in mind the legal aspects of working live if you dont have to?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back