Potterton Promax HE 15-Lights then ignition lockout-see pic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Came home to a cold house, reset on/off switch on boiler, fires up straight away but then flame goes out after about 3 seconds.
Retries automatically several times before ignition lock out occurs (flame always fires up but then goes out after 3 seconds).

Have reset power on/off about 10 times, same thing always occurs.

Any advice please?

I have added a picture of the condensate traps below, I'm not sure how much water should be in them?
I have also wiped the top of the traps around the contacts (there was a tiny amount of water there, but not much).

Sponsored Links
It's probably an ign/flame sensing fault,and for that you should call a boiler repair expert.Trap looks OK,water clean etc.

My advice would be get a regiostered gas installer in to check, possibly service the boiler.

My advice would be get a regiostered gas installer in to check, possibly service the boiler.

DIY head and screwdriver ?
youve lost me. I wouldnt advise anyone to go inside a boiler taking casings with seals off but seeing as they have and taking pictures for proof why not check if that lead theyve went to the bother taking a picture of is damp and is infact the problem they suspect?

Ray

Sponsored Links
No1 you have already done more than you should.
No2 playing with the condense trap can lead to flue gasses coming into your home. Have you watched corrie recently?
No3 get an rgi in who is experienced on this boiler
No4 do you think that rgi's would spend thousands getting qualified if it wasn't necessary?
No5 thank god that last post got deleted before you tried it and died...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back