Peugeot Boxer Clutch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. A '98 1.9 non turbo. I'm planning on putting a new clutch in this vehicle soon as it's starting to slip a bit and I need a new nearside CV joint as well, so two birds and that. (Or three actually, I think I'll probably do the timing belt kit while I'm at it). I've done loads of clutches in my time on cars and bikes, but never on a large van so I was wondering if there are any pitfalls I should be wary of before starting? It looks straightforward enough, even if the box does look a tad heavier than your average fiesta. Anything I need to look out for?

Sponsored Links
For anyone interested I've just adjusted the clutch cable on this after suspecting a lack of slack and as a result the clutch is biting fine through all gears/revs. I suspect I'll get a little while out of it before needing a new clutch. I was surprised by how much I could slacken it though - a good six or seven threads - I suppose the friction plate must have hardly any meat left on it and maybe the flywheel is a bit worn too. On the plus side, it looks an easy job to replace, plenty of room in there.

Good for you, its very seldom you find an adjustable clutch cable nowadays.

Peter

Sponsored Links
Back