Shockgard sensors?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently moved house, Eurosec alarm fitted (can't see a model number). No manual, no details, no master code on handover etc...!
chap came round to reset the system this weekend, all looks good.

We have Shockgards on a lot of the windows. A couple are flashing amber..what does this mean, I guess they've been triggered one way or another? How do you re-set them? If I press reset on the keypad these stay flashing amber. Are they de-activated when in this stage ie if we set the alarm are those windows now not protected?

Also...not used this kind of thing before. There's a little bit of play (a few mm) if the window is locked in the 'ventilation' open setting. If, for instance, the window cleaner came round and rattled the window a bit in doing his job, would this set them off? Or does it take quite a bang to activate them?

Sponsored Links
Amber/Red is pre alarm.
They are probably on detector reset when you arm the system. So pressing reset does nothing.
Can always give it a try to prove :D

Dont set with the windows vented, one they will go off and two your insurance will be invalid leaving a window ajar and vacating the premesis.

hmm, ta. The LEDs didn't re-set on setting the system, been using it for a further week or so and the same 2 are still flashing, but they weren't when the engineer finished the setup.
The insurance thing - is that right? My company said this was fine as long as locked in the vent position.
ta

Set the system and then tap the shock, it should activate.

Just remembered, on the configuration you have they will flash. On arming they go out and if tripped the first to trip will show steady. Nothing wrong with them.
Usually use another make, why this took a while to come back to me. So not to worry.

If your insurers are happy with the windows locked in vent position then not to worry.

Just that there may be more vibration with windy conditions that may trip the sensors.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back