Wireless Burglar Alarm

JK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

We pay upwards of £20 towards £45ish for sky and cable per month. What do you think a wireless burglar alarm with three motion detectors, one door contact, an LCD keypad, internal sounder, decoy external sounder and digital monitoring is worth per month.

I'm just after your own personal opinion as to what you think the security of your home is worth.

I'd say £35 per month was reasonable, what do you think?

Sponsored Links
JK said:
I'd say £35 per month was reasonable, what do you think?

I wouldn't

you can get a proper alarm installed with maintenance contract etc for less than that, also please note my signature

You can't get a "proper" alarm installed for that, I know I am an NSI registered installer with over 25 years of experience. The wireless system in question is rated as Grade 3 with reference to the new european standards to be integrated with BS4737 an DD243 in October this year; how much more "proper" can you get.

I hope for goodness sake you are not affiliated to the industry, misguided information given on a personal and what appears to be poorly qualified level with no understanding for the modern technology used in detection and transmission is what drove our Police Forces and Insurance Companies to regulate the industry and keep narrow minded unproffessionals out.

Your signature is and the way you refer to it is unhelpful, arogant and rather stupid.

Show me a cheaper comunicated system that meets DD243. I supose our opinions are based on the level of the standard we set!

JK said:
You can't get a "proper" alarm installed for that
you can, other wise i would not have said so

why is it that your first post here said
JK said:
Hi guys,

............ What do you think a wireless burglar alarm with three motion detectors, one door contact, an LCD keypad, internal sounder, decoy external sounder and digital monitoring is worth per month.

you then go on to say
JK said:
I'm just after your own personal opinion as to what you think the security of your home is worth.

BUT in the next post you say

JK said:
I know I am an NSI registered installer with over 25 years of experience.

you also say

JK said:
what do you think?

I think you have not got a clue what to charge so you are asking on this forum to see what people will pay, and it would seem you are offering a piece of junk,(
JK said:
wireless burglar alarm
) at an over rated price

Sponsored Links
Breezer
I was doing some market research, Having run a company for several years I have learned that the positive opinions of others are important, of course you always get the uppity chap who think he knows it all probably a young engineer with "homer king" as his middle name. I did ask you to produce a reputable company that could install a comparable system but you have failed. I've also been doing some other research into your other posts and feel that you provide misguided out of date information, and your favorite "I wouldn't" just winds people up.

Relative to standards just go away, and leave it alone;... fix the spelling on your web site or something. This is my last comment to you and I leave the last, but no doubt childish word to you.

JK said:
I did ask you to produce a reputable company that could install a comparable system but you have failed.

No, I chose not to, as i do not see the point of helping some one who likes to charge over the top prices for what in my opinion is junk.

Radio alarms all suffer the same problems, they get low batteries, and can be jambed.

Yes the panel gives warnings of low bat., yes you can change a battery (if you can find one at 2 o'clock in the morning,) but how are you going to find some one intentionaly or unitentionaly jambing a radio alarm, not to mention new houses and radio alarms are not good friends

good luck.

I have been in the electronic security industry for 20 years and I agree Breezer, I find it staggering that someone can leave a post to test the water as to what to charge a month for Radio system and then savage a knowledgable reply in such a childish manner.
Any company that charges £30 a month for an alarm system smacks of the old ADT dealerships approach.
We are still going round to these systems and fit External sirens for gods sake.
Wireless systems are fine when there is no other alternative to wires ie. a flat with concrete/ laminate floors and no ceiling voids etc.
Wireless systems are fine when they include jamming detection and can signal this to the ARC.
Scantronic wireless expanders offer a good compromise between wired and wireless.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back