Extradition of Christopher Tappin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone else concerned about our extradition arrangements with America? In particular the recent extradition of Christopher Tappin. I wonder if he is in an orange jump suit and shackles now? I mean he is clearly a very dangerous pensioner...

Sponsored Links
You'd have thought he'd have known the difference between car batteries and the type used to power Hawk, surface to air missiles though. ;) ;)

The extradition of a British businessman has highlighted problems with the treaty between the UK and the United States which are not "readily curable", the Attorney General said today.

Dominic Grieve QC said Britons were left uneasy when faced with the seemingly harsh and disproportionate sentences in the American justice system.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-extradition-highlights-problems-7455523.html

If the American Justice system/sentencing is seen as 'disproportionate' by our very own Attorney General, why wasn't Tappin granted an overruling of the extradition based upon his Human Rights? I mean we've got Abu Qatada who is accused of being one of the UK's most dangerous extremist preachers, and yet he's been released from jail and the European Courts have blocked our government from deporting him to Jordan.

Sponsored Links
You'd have thought he'd have known the difference between car batteries and the type used to power Hawk, surface to air missiles though. ;) ;)

Could someone find a picture of these batteries? I like to see one to see if they do look like a car battery.Then i can decide if he's guilty or not.

Back