Landrover chassis replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone ever replaced the chassis on a landrover? Mine has just failed it't MOT and although it can be welded this time the mechanic says the chassis is a "bit soft" and will need replacing soon.

Sponsored Links
massively involved job. what year of landrover. series 2,3 or defender. we have done it over 2 days. 2 guys, a full length roofrack and a forklift... :LOL: . seriously, depends how much the motors worth. you would probably be better patching it.

It's a 1987 90 with a 200TDi engine so it's probably worth replacing. It has been patched for this MOT but the mechanic said the rest of the chassis was a bit soft I havn't actually got it back yet so I dont know how they have got on with the repair. Thought of a galv. replacement one so this would probably outlast the engine or until I win the lottery and get a brand new one!!! Probable cost to replace £3500 so I guess for a £1200 chassis plus all new bushes etc is still worth it. I can put it in a shed on the farm and change stuff over from old to new as it comes off. Do you know of any written guides to the job or is it mostly common sense and the Haynes manual?

Sponsored Links
Back