]Whirlpool AWM 29 Stops 3 times during cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This machine is driving me nuts, it is an integrated washing machine so it has sensors for out of balance etc. If you run the machine it stops exactly three times during the wash cycle in exactly the same position, to continue the program i have to pulse the power switch. The timer has been replaced so i figure that the timing circuit is waiting for a feedback from something before moving on through the cycle. Otherwise the machine is fine, spins and pumps and heats the water ok. Any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated. :( :( :(

please note 5 which is here

Sponsored Links
you say it spins and pumps fine. what you don't say is if it fills after the initials wash cycle ie does it take cold water to rinse? check your cold water supply by selecting a final rinse only cycle. if it doesn't fill then i'd check for water or the solenoid coil for a circuit break, or a blockage in the microfilter.

Thanks for your reply keithwasherman your reply makes perfect sense. I ran the program from A (rinse and spin) and it runs through complete without stopping. It run's a full rinse cycle ok it cold fills, runs the rinse program pumps and spins ok. After reading the other posts in the search another user had a similar problem with the power switch which i have also checked. Can you suggest anything else, does anybody have a list of the sequence for this machine, should i give up and dump the machine?

It could be a faulty heater or thermostat. You can check if it's heating the water by feeling the door glass every few minutes during the wash.

Sponsored Links
hey thanks everbody it looks like its the thermostat i will order a new one tomorrow and promise to post if this fixes the machine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back