pyronix tmd 15

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i take it that this is a pretty good dt/pir

retails at up to £50 each, just snapped a brand new unused boxed one for £10 -my bargin of the week, from my favourite auction site.

full spec sheet: http://www.pyronix.com/tmd15/TMD/literature/Data1205_TMD15G3web.pdf

The TMD 15™ is a unique product boasting 2 non-overlapping detectors; a PIR and a dual technology in 1 robust housing. Based on Pyronix’ tried and tested patented technologies which has been proven over the last 20 years coupled with innovative features, the TMD 15™ is ideal for use on new systems or for retro fits upgrading to PD6662 / EN50131-1 Grade 3.

15m Volumetric PIRs
5-15m Adjustable Microwave
Ability to operate as TMD (Two Movement Detectors) or TriCover™
Interdigitated fields of view (Patent pending)
Unique Patented Anti Masking detection
Ability to detect masking of either PIR or Microwave
Anti Block technology (patent pending)
Selectable EOL (End of Line) Resistors
4 LED indications
Low power consumption

Sponsored Links
Its a Dual-tech+PIR and a PIR in the same unit, used to signal confirmed alarms. Both detectors don't overlap, required by DD243.

WAY overkill for a standard house, they're ugly, and they're MASSIVE compared to a normal PIR.

Why do you want one anyway??

got it cheap, its a good bit of kit, for the reasons you listed for a tenner i couldnt let it go, it will come handy for one of the sheds, or in the house somewhere.

even less chance of a false alarm too.

Sponsored Links
yes thats where is going, in the shed, i bought some Pyronix KX15DT last week for the shed and out house, i will put the TMD 15 in one of the out houses, and use the kx15dt in the house.

it was on a auction, snapped it in the last 20 secs.

LOL a TDM for a shed. To meet DD243.

Shall we tell you the new reg and when it came into force, its now old hat :D

Just a 'quickie'.

What significance has DD243 to a DiY alarm?

at the end of the day is a good bit of kit, thats all that matters but thanks josh for giving me some info on it.

Just a 'quickie'.

What significance has DD243 to a DiY alarm?

Absolutely nothing, just stating the capabilities of the detector, although according to alarm there are new regs.

And your obviously not aware are you.
The new changes, that is.

Try BS8243 5.4.3 with direct reference to a TDM15.

As above not that it applies here, but the changes and amendments have been made and in force soon.

So Keep Calm and Carry on, but do keep up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back