CH problems

JDC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my gas central heating. It will switch on when it should gets up to whatever temperature its set to, but then when it tries to restart to maintain the heat nothing happens. To get it to work again I have to press the reset button on the boiler and then it fires back up. There is also a low droning noise coming from the airing cupboard where my tank is until the bolier is reset. Is this a thermostat problem or a valve not switching on again? My hot water is unaffected. Any help would be appreciated as I want to be able to explain things correctly to any engineer I call out.

Sponsored Links
Type of boiler system would help ?

The boiler is a Potterton Suprema and was serviced less than a year ago.

There's a couple of sensors and thermostats which it could be , though be prepared to have a new pcb. Other posts here discuss it.

Sponsored Links
as chris said it could be your pc .they can stick in an anti cycle mode if you turn the power off/on and it starts ,thats usually it, but not a 100% accurate test.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back