Boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a potterton suprima 40 that will not run the radiators.
Turned the radiators on for the first time last night for ages and nothing. The water heating is working ok, so no problems with the pilot light or the ignition. I\\\'ve turned the wall thermo to full and have tried all possible permatations on the selector but cannot get the radiators to work. Any suggestions before I get the experts in ? :?:

Sponsored Links
Probably a faulty motorized valve. You'll have either one with 3 pipes or two with 2. Each type usually has a lever on the end you can move to a latched "manual" position. Put the HWon and the rads should get warm, to diagnose . That usually means a new "head" on the valve, or you can often change the motor within. Could also be the programmer , thermostat etc of course.

I had similar problem caused by Honeywell motorized valve sticking.
I removed motor from valve, operated valve by hand a few times, introduced a squirt of WD40 problem solved.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back