Wiring the Hob Terminal Block

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just diconnected the old hob and have open the new Baumatic ceramic hob's terminal block cover. I know to connect in the '1N' set-up for the Uk, problem is HOW? Sounds crazy but I just cant see how to connect in the L/N/E wires! Ive flipped open the cover and there are 6 screws holding down the Brass Links though a plastic one-piece plate, but loosening them just loosens the links with no obvious way to slot in and tighten up the wires. Please let me in what basic thing Im doing wrong!

Sponsored Links
Says " The terminals are accesible by removing the terminal block cover by removing the terminal screw . (done). The mains supply connection cable type should be H05 RR-F <HR> marked or above (Not sure).... The cable connections must be in accordance with the diag, the brass kinks positioned as marked.. and once establshed all terminal screws tightened down.

Diag is a few lines showing the screws links and L1/N/E etc and mains cable entry point to box, but not how the cable splits and connects inside.

One thing, I have the beefy wires you see on lots of hobs/ovens from the previous hob, is "H05 RR-F <HR>" some new snazzy type?

HO ... is heat resistant flex, more commonly known as butyl.(rubber)

I usually use 4mm square heat resistant flex for electric hobs

Sponsored Links
HO5RR-F is "Circular, vulcanised rubber insulation/tough rubber sheathed. 300/500V to BS 6500" taken from IEE GN1

pdcelec said:
HO5RR-F is "Circular, vulcanised rubber insulation/tough rubber sheathed. 300/500V to BS 6500" taken from IEE GN1

Thats okay then, same one I've got. Just undid ALL the screws and the brass loops became loose enough for me to jam in the "tough rubber sheathed" cores. Screwed everything down tight and Bobs your uncle! Got it done before the OH got back from tescos - well pleased!

Thanks guys - much appreciated support.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back