Boiler not igniting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Stelrad Elan 2 boiler that has decided to no longer ignite. The fan and the pump seem to be working when I switched on but I can hear no spark to ignite the boiler.

Any ideas on how to fix would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I am trying to determine what the sequence of events are when the boiler switches on. in other words what would prevent the spark being initiated? I know there is mains power being applied as the pump and fan are working and the control panel lights are on. I have a suspicion that the spark generation circuit on the PCB is faulty, but before buying a new PCB I want to eliminate whether there could be some other cause for the boiler not firing up.

Im not familier with your boiler but any fan run should be followed with detection of a fan running/clear flue usually wit a air pressure switch that will pick +up the pressure diff accross flue. check all the flue is clear and that the fan blades are clear and the gas water heat ex is clear but all this should have been done when you had your boiler serviced.

The spark voltage could be leaking away somewhere through some grot, or some grot across the electrodes.

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
The spark voltage could be leaking away somewhere through some grot, or some grot across the electrodes.

Now THATS a technical term I will be using mate.. GROT :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

re pnorris do you have a service manual/spare parts list
i need a part number !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back