Zanussi Brushes Length ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Re- Zanussi WJS1197, drum not spinning,smells electrical, but rotates freely by hand... If left long enough it pops the trip switch !

After reading through this great forum, my problem seems to point to the brushes... So armed with a socket set I set about the easy task of removing the motor and brushes.

Could anybody tell me what the correct length should be, as mine measure 1 1/2cm when fuly extended.... Does anybody also know where I can get replacement items ?

Many thanks in advance..

Paul

Sponsored Links
dont know for your particular m/c but it sounds a bit on the short side, but not that bad.

new brushes are available form a w/m repair shop, try your yellow pages

Cheers for you help mate, does it sound like a brushes problem to you.....?

Getting it in the neck from the Mrs, she's making threats about spending money on a new Bosch one by the end of the week :(

as i said i am not familiar with your brand of m/c as i am ex H.P. but worn brushes are the cause of most no spins

Sponsored Links
when rotating the drum by hand, could you hear a clicking sound from the motor with brushes in it? if so it's likely that the armature on the motor has failed and the motor will need to be replaced.
if the motor is o.k. it should run even with as little as 8mm of carbon left. if the ends of the carbons are polished then they may be o.k. if they are dull and burnt then they are either worn or as i said the motor is goosed.
having said all that there are many reasons why it will not do a final spin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back