loft light wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am wanting to put a strip light into my loft, i am wondering which would be the safest way to do this with the wiring, well more to say were do i start with this, and were do i break into the existing wiring, i have looked and there is 2 cables of twin and earth running from one of the bedrooms which run to an existing JB, were all the rooms meet, i a maa little confused here and just wanted any guidance????
Anyone please help :(

Sponsored Links
Hello,

What you could do is choose a suitable ceiling rose... i.e. in a bedroom and get your feed off of that. that way it is accessible incase of a fault. personally its annoying looking for junction box which may contain a fault.

anyway, take a feed from a ceiling rose going into a pull cord perhaps mounted on a beam above the loft hatch and then have a switch line going out of the switch to a battern lamp holder or a suitable light you have to install in the loft.

hope this helps,

carlos

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back