Ravenheat csi85 - 'burner' cycles on / off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a problem with this previously - I had somehow accidentally released the water pressure. Anyway after a but of googling I found the right thing to turn, and got it back up to 1.5. However, now I can't get the heating or hot water to run consistantly hot. The 'burner' (sorry don't know the technical name) just comes on for about 20 seconds, then goes off for a minute or so.

Any help much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Probably boiler has air in it, so that it overheats instead of the hot water getting pumped through the radiators. (Water pumps as in boilers will not pump air....)
When you say you 'released the pressure' - did you lose enough water to actually get air into the boiler?

Thanks for the reply.

Quite possibly ... I didn't realise what I had done until afterwards. The botom panel with the knobs and timer etc. was loose and I was putting it back in. I think that the wires behind it turned the safetey release system thing as I was pushing it back in. How should I get the air out of it now?

Edit : anyone with further advice on this? Do a good deed : help a student to have a bath.

The automatic air vent should have let any air out. Just a case of checking that the vent cap is left open by about one turn.
My money is on the CH thermistor being faulty. A notorious problem on these boilers and a guilty party in 95% of the cases as you describe. Not a job I would let a student DIY on ... Even a smelly one. Unless you happen to be particularly adept at such matters.

Sponsored Links
Ok, thanks for the various help. I have a guy (CORGI) coming to look at it early next week.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back