What i've been told!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have just fitted a gravity fed shower with a 6" shower rose although as the pressure is not enough to cause more than i trickle, i have contemplated fitting a small pump. However i have been told that unless i put second water tank in my loft i run the risk of running my hot water system dry causing all sorts of problems.
Does anyone know if there is a small pump on the market just enough to power my shower that will not cause the above problem?
Thankyou.

Sponsored Links
As long as the tanks fill faster than you can empty, then apart from running out of HOT water cant see a problem. I had a pumped shower for years, the old problem was my son using ALL the hot water.

Thanks for that i think i'll attach another cold water tank to the existing one just to be on the safe side.

Before doing any of that take the rose off and have a look inside it, they sometimes have a restrictor disc in them which cuts the flow down. Also on some the actual hole on the connection can be stupidly small and can be drilled out to give a far better water delivery

Sponsored Links
legsache

Thanks for that i think i'll attach another cold water tank to the existing one just to be on the safe side.
Remember water is HEAVY, Can your loft take the extra weight.

Measure your fill flow, leggsy. Much easier to add another float valve than an extra tank. If you use a pump delivering 15l/min and your tank fills at 10, a 200l tank it would give a 40 minute shower..!
Allow for other outlets but you get my drift..

If I were to just cut in now and say 1kg per 1,000cc's I would have contributed nothing of any value to help the public, and would have learned nothing from my fellow hard working professionals to whom I owe a great debt for the marvelous free information they give out here, which is a little more than looking up equivalents in the back of a dictionary and posting them in diferent decimal place to what has already been said.

Is that clear enough?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back