FCU on a 45amp radial cooker circuit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can a 3amp fused connection unit be added after the terminal outlet of my 45amp radial cooker circuit? I have just unpacked our new gas hob to find that the ignition is supplied from the mains. Am kicking myself because we had the kitchen rewired last month and I didn't think to specify that a socket should be sited next to the terminal outlet for the cooker so I could plug in the hob (Our old gas cooker had an AA batery to supply the ignition). It would be helpful if a three amp fused connection unit could be added to the end of the radial circuit. Any comments would be much appreciated.

Ben

Sponsored Links
in theory yes, but you wont be able to get the cable into the fcu as it will be too big, and before you ask, no you can not use a smaller cable to feed the fcu,

I guess you can't get 45amp rated FCUs then. Damn an blast!! Should have unpacked the hob earlier. Guess I'll just have to run an extension lead under the units from the closest socket. Either that or buy a box of matches. Thanks for your reply.

Ben

Sponsored Links
depending on how the cables routed you may be able to place a small consumer unit in an adjacent cupboard and use that to feed both oven and hob.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back