Dead boiler.....help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am having a bit of a girlie nightmare with my boiler. Its a Helstead Quattro and its dead. Theres no ignition light, no flame, no nothing. I have the manuall but it wont light even though i have folowed the intructions....Any ideas would be great!!!!

SARAH

Sponsored Links
i am not a boiler person or similar, but are there any lights on it at all?

reason i ask is it may have accidentaly had its electricty supply switched off

What does the pressure gauge say? Might need filling.
Any lights on?
Have you found the reset button? On top of the boiler to the left. Fill first!

Sponsored Links
Hi

Thanks for postings.

I have checked at the boiler is still plugged in.

I have checked the plug and changed the fuse.

Other appliances also work when using the same plug socket.

The presure is the same, just above 1 bar.

There are NO lights on at all

I have tried resetting in,

Any ideas?

My plumber hasnt returned my calls.

Thanks
SARAH

you mean a red one that says 3A

try the same fuse in say a table light plug, and obviously try the table plug light fuse in the boiler plug (assuming it is 3A)

When you say you have reset it do you mean on the front?

Look under the boiler for a little red button. Try pushing it up, See what happens.

She's done it all before! Check out her earlier postings via her profile. Even if she's forgotten she can read through the previous thread to remind herself, instead of letting us go through all the same questions again! :evil:

Hi

Hello man with the horns. Yep, i have read my last posting but this time its different. Theres NO LIGHT no NOTHING!!

To add to it all i am pregnant now and suffering from morning sickness 24/7 so i smell yuck....off to my local sports centre for a shower :cry:

SARAH

Well even if they have not managed to tell you simple things to do to get the boiler working I am quite sure that they are NOT responsible for your pregnancy.

One minor little thing they may have missed is asking you to check the "fusebox" to make sure nothing there has tripped out?

I am not very impressed by your "plumber" who does not answer his phone. I think you need someone competent who will answer when he is needed!

Tony

Agile said:
I think you need someone competent who will answer when he is needed!
And you need someone competent to remind you that it's peak holiday season and her perfectly competent plumber could be on holiday. Or he might have changed his number, moved house, fallen ill, died, etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back