DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

5 jobs a week from grittish bas customers

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
the plumbing miracle

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:07 pm Reply with quote

i am getting at least 5 customers from a big gas company who have a 3 star contract being told that they cannot get parts for their boiler so will need new boiler is this increasing, or am i being too honest telling customers that you can get all the parts last job was potterton 1622electronic
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
ollski

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:24 pm Reply with quote

Trading standards insist the customer is told if less than all parts are available for the boiler on a repair contract, the manufacturers advise when parts become obsolete for a certain model. I don't really see the problem in advising a replacement when this is the case.
 Alert Moderators
doitall

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:43 pm Reply with quote

How about condemning a boiler and flogging them a new boiler for 3800.00, quoting its NTS.

I have heard of several case this has happened, problem this time was it's a mate of mine.
 Alert Moderators
fitz1

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:45 pm Reply with quote

so, do it all. have you told him you will do it for 3000. icon_lol.gif
 Alert Moderators
raden

from Indonesia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:58 pm Reply with quote

the plumbing miracle wrote:
i am getting at least 5 customers from a big gas company who have a 3 star contract being told that they cannot get parts for their boiler so will need new boiler is this increasing, or am i being too honest telling customers that you can get all the parts last job was potterton 1622electronic

It's a question of who looks dishonest when they look on the internet and find the parts readily available
 Alert Moderators
Agile

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:59 pm Reply with quote

ollski wrote:
Trading standards insist the customer is told if less than all parts are available for the boiler on a repair contract, the manufacturers advise when parts become obsolete for a certain model.

There is a difference between advising a customer that not all parts of a boiler are still available and refusing to repair the boiler because ( another ) part is no longer available.

We have often found parts at T&T or HRPC when BG have said they are not available.

Tony
 Alert Moderators
doitall

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:01 am Reply with quote

fitz1 wrote:
so, do it all. have you told him you will do it for 3000. icon_lol.gif

No I told him to phone them up and cancel, which he is going to do on Monday.

If they refuse I shall be on the case to Trading Standards for mis-selling.
 Alert Moderators
corgiman

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:43 am Reply with quote

I get this alot too

BG say that parts are no longer availible when they mena they no longer buy them

went to a mexico yesterday and BG condemed it as at risk, as too small ventillation and told the client he had to have a new boiler as parts werent aviailble anymore, it was only 15 Years old and a clean as a whistle, I went out, removed the fly screen and tested it and it was fine.

I have no problem with BG pricing, in fact I feel we would all be better served by shadowing it, why pass our discount on to RETAIL clients, would they do the same for us?? But I do have a problem with their misselling.
 Alert Moderators
doitall

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:56 am Reply with quote

I'm dying to know what boiler they priced for, apparently it costs 1800.00 icon_eek.gif

Not a Baxi or Worcester can then icon_lol.gif
 Alert Moderators
corgiman

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:57 am Reply with quote

doitall wrote:
I'm dying to know what boiler they priced for, apparently it costs 1800.00 icon_eek.gif

Not a Baxi or Worcester can then icon_lol.gif

but aint the about the recommended RETAIL price of said boilers????

if so why shouldnt they charge that to a RETAIL client

bet sainsburys get bread for a lot cheaper then 50p
 Alert Moderators
Agile

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:07 am Reply with quote

Has anyone bought the Worcester boiler themselves for 900 and asked BG to fit it for their quoted installation price?

Having said that I have no problem with BG and their prices. They do a good job of installing properly and have a proper polite complaints procedure which gives customers a feeling of confidence.

Try complaining to the average gas installer and all you would get is a torrent of abuse, that is if they answered their mobile phone! Few are members of any institute or trade association which has any independent complaints procedure.

Tony
 Alert Moderators
ollski

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:39 am Reply with quote

corgiman wrote:
BG say that parts are no longer availible when they mena they no longer buy them

The truth is cm that the manufacturers tell bg when the parts become obsolete. It may be that a washer or other minute part is the offending part, however this still means the boiler is on the 'reduced service list' and the customer has to be informed. The fact that the parts are not all available does not affect any service cover but is just information to provide the customer so as they can make a decision on what they want to do. Even if an obsolete part is required Bg use all the usual channels to acquire one if required (national suppliers) before declaring it unavailable.
There may be a few rogue engineers misinforming customers for sales leads I am sure, but the fact is this very rarely becomes an issue until the boiler gets to a rip old age and again manufacturers themselves recommend replacement every 10 to 15 years.
 Alert Moderators
Agile

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:25 pm Reply with quote

Well thats the "nice view" !

The other less pleasant view is that when the first washer or screw is declared non available BG write to their customers saying that spare parts are no longer available and offer to replace the whole boiler.

I bought a part for a Lynx I from T&T after BG had said its not available.

HRPC say they can supply mercury switches for the Netaheat ( at a price ) but BG say they are not available!

Tony
 Alert Moderators
ollski

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:42 pm Reply with quote

Agile wrote:
HRPC say they can supply mercury switches for the Netaheat ( at a price ) but BG say they are not available!

Tony

I very recently fitted one of these Tony and it was an off the shelf stock part from Bg national part centre in leicester.
 Alert Moderators
Gasguru

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:54 pm Reply with quote

Tony wrote:
Quote:
They do a good job of installing properly and have a proper polite complaints procedure which gives customers a feeling of confidence.

Carried out some work on Friday for a landlord I deal with. He told me to get my suit ready. His ongoing complains saga with BG has stepped up a gear. Looks like it may finally go to court. He's suing them over their incompetance and the money its cost him; the claim is way over the small claims court limit.

I'm looking forward to it - watch 'em squirm. Some of the comments from their management during our meetings are unbelievable.

Its also nice getting paid for my time without getting your hands dirty. icon_lol.gif
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: