ELECTRIC SHOWER TRIPPING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IVE RECENTLY REPLACED AN ELECTRIC SHOWER OF THE SAME WATTAGE AS THE OLD ONE, AFTER ABOUT A WEEK ITS TRIPPING OUT EVERY TIME AFTER ABOUT THREE MINS ANY IDEAS????

Sponsored Links
PLEASE DON'T SHOUT - turn caps lock OFF.

What is tripping, is it an MCB or an RCD? What size shower? What size MCB?

Sponsored Links
Spark123 said:
PLEASE DON'T SHOUT - turn caps lock OFF.

What is tripping, is it an MCB or an RCD? What size shower? What size MCB?
after looking closer it looks like the fuse needs changing as its a 32a and says in manual for a 9.5kw it needs a 45a would that stop it??? also it only trips when on the higher setting it works fine on the lower

jonesey1 said:
IVE RECENTLY REPLACED AN ELECTRIC SHOWER OF THE SAME WATTAGE AS THE OLD ONE,

So the old one wasnt really 9.5KW was it?. Do you know what size cable you have going to the shower. If you have a 32A cb in the consumer unit then I would expect it is 6mm². You MUST NOT put in a larger cb if that is the case as the cable will catch fire if you try and put 45A through it.

For a 9.5KW shower you need a 10mm² cable and then (and only then) can you change cb to 45A.

Taylortwocities said:
You MUST put in a larger cb if that is the case as the cable will catch fire if you try and put 45A through it.

I'm sure this is what you meant, but just to avoid confusion the sentence should have read:

"You MUST NOT put in a larger cb if that is the case as the cable will catch fire if you try and put 45A through it"

Tahnks RF. That is what I meant to type - too much Merlot again. I've edited my post to say must not - just in case he acts on my post before reading yours!

Time for ZZZZZs now.

I'd like to add my usual disclaimer about if the board does not have 100A capability, then a circuit above 32A must not be installed onto it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back