VENTURI SHOWER

Ok I am glad someone is speaking to me properly now, thanks:
"It sound slike your pipes are 15mm, the Trevi Boost requires 22mm, so here is what you do, either pass 22mm pipes down from the loft or use special olives inside the 22mm compression fitting to accomodate 22mm pipe"
hum this is a problem-see complex thats what I mean-i presume an olive connects pipes-couldn't I add this to the exposed pipes or do I have to go into the loft and do it?
cheers

Sponsored Links
Congratulations - you've entirely missed the point of the example.

I officially give in - it's possible that you're too stupid, but my favourite is the deliberate wind-up.

I dont want to talk to that softy or what ever his name is-Paul is that guy like this all the time?
anyway I could go into the loft and remove the 15mm pipes that are connected by a grey plastic pipes-I suppose-is there an easier way to do it? I dont think there is an easier way to do it-I cant believe u have to now replace the pipes-what next>>>>>>>>>>>

So the choices are:
1. go into the loft replace the pipes
2. sorry I presume the second option is connecting a 22mm pipes to the existing 15mm pipes-but that would mean cutting teh 15mm pipe

look i RESPECT that plumming is a skill-in fact I had an installation at a plumming area and so the complexity of the pipe work.
It looks the best option is to replace the entite pipe first before i connect the boost-do u concure?

Sponsored Links
It depends on the centres of the existing shower compared to the new one.

Olives are rings of copper or brass which when compressed by a nut against a male threadare forced to expand in another direction into the pipe which is within the structure, thus making it water tight. These are what the trevi boost has as a recepticle.

The compression fitting is however only one side of the story the other side is a 3/4" male iron thread that requires some form of sealing method to make sure it doesn't leak whjen assembled to the right position. We used to do that with hemp and boss white but it is against water regs so now we use this rubbish stuiff called ptfe that you kind a have to get used to. Put plenty of turns on in such a way as it won't unravel when you do up the fitting. Don't use paste.

Ok-well thanks for that Paul-This is going to be quite a job and I am not under estimating it-I will have to think about it-its ashame I haven't a referral book however I did see on the other part of the forum books on plumming in showers-maybe I need to invest in this-If I going to replace the pipes then I could conceal them behind the stud wall and have a concealed shower as I dont really like the exposed pipes-again I would most likely have to cut the grey plastic pipes to the tank system to shorten them-the exposed pipes leading to the old croydex shower are u shaped( at the bottom)- i presume the trevi boost inside is the same?-as i said I have no instruction manual on this-one thing i should do is to buy trevi boost I suppose I could have an electric shower, installed by an electrician? but I just wan to stright swap-its too bad I cant get another croydex-there is the h2O HYDRO POWERED SHOWER but thats been discontinued as well I have just found out doing an internet search-what are they like and are they 15mm?
I dont want to trouble u too much with all these questions-its just if u could help I appreciate it. In australia u just have to turn the water mains off but I have a feeling I will have to turn two sources off, in what I have read so far.

The trevi can be orientated so that the pipes come either straight down into it or up into it.

I don't know anything about any other venturi shower.

To stop the hot water flow there is a gate valve in the airing cupboard on the pipe that starts in the loft and goes only to the very bottom connection of the domestic hot water cylinder. If you cannot turn it don't use a tool it will probably break. For you a diy person the next option is to turn off the main stop tap and run the bath hot tap until flow stops. We would put a rubber bung in the header tank, that would cost you £12 to obtain, it would be cheaper to waste a little water.

diybot said:
:eek: Wow, the first time it occured to diypot to say thankyou after several pages of people offering him sound advice and him replying with little more than irritation and abuse.

Paul, you are a saint. However abusive he is, and however slow he is on the uptake, you go on trying to help him. Why?

some people who actually treat u like a human being I respect-therefore Paul is the only one here that has done so-however I dont want to trouble u too much even still as I feel these forums are in some cases for some personalities an easy option by hiding behind a computer screen can be as abusive as they like-look I dont want to keep going with this as it appears "some" people cant let things go-fine I suppose-maybe some people in the 21 st century need this to vent-maybe, I still think its very destructive than constructive-it would make quite an interesting study.
Now back to this shower probelm-Paul, instead of asking millions of questions which I apprecaite your respectfull answers, could u recommend a plumming book that could tell me how to install this shower-this site has been helpful in other parts which I will look at more closely but there might be a specific book I could look at-what do u think?

Well there is no point justifying his complaints.

We know we are here to help, we don't have to prove anything to each other, but if someone makes unfounded acusations, they are as easily proved foundless by carrying on giving help as they are by arguing back.

I was getting a little tired of saying buy a Trevi Boost though. How many ways are there to say buy a Trevi Boost?

Yes well I Know a trevi boost -yes ok fine-I was just asking if there was another system like the croydex h2o thats all-is this as good? If u dont know then say I dont know - if u only know of trevi boost, say this is the only system I know and that will be that-it is top of the range and quite expensive but If I have to pay, I have to pay ,as long as we get a shower. If u dont want to to talk to me fine -I will just go to wh smith or amazon and look some books up-Its no problem, its only a shower I think I will live , just
if it IS ONLY trevi boost then thats they way it is-I was only asking-as for this probelm with forums -I really cant understand why people would be so angry and being british really worries me-Its taking me 33 years to come back here but if this is how things are now well I might as well go back -after all Plummers in australia earn heaps(there is a big cry out for qualified tradesmen, especially in queensland, good weather, better housing etc-I could go on and on with this-its just disappointing to see this thats all-
an idea about a plumming book-I think it would be best if I just read about it-oh yes this is going to work and its going to be the best darn shower in this country believe me even if it floods the house

Paul Barker said:
How many ways are there to say buy a Trevi Boost?
Not as many as diypot has ways of repeating the question! He probably thinks we're all part of a world conspiracy to get him to buy a Treviboost! :rolleyes:

Hey, diypot, buy a New Team Jetstream!

Drop it-if u dont want to help dont post-forget it-i dont want to be your entertainment and I its quite childish

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back