Ideal Classic FF250 Boiler with a nervous Tick!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any advise on this will be greatly appreciated

Since my boiler was repositioned from a back room to the loft it has picked up a fault during transit!

Mainly in the cold months butvery occasionally in the warmer months, when the thermostat clicks on and you hear the boiler start to wir before firing into life you hear the tick that fires it up.
Well the problem is it can tick and carry on ticking without firing so I have to shut the system off and on again and it will always fire up then.

A chap suggested it will be the PCB, which makes sense as a poor connection could be affected by temperature change.
My Corgi registered friend is just Qualified so hasn't come across something like this just yet, he also says the vavle thingy appears to be ok.

Just wanted to find out if anyone els has come across this before I Go for a new PCB?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I had this recently and found it was a fault zone valve

Ideal suggested that I change the thermister, pcb, fan and air flow switch and that did not solve it.

Oh yeah check you flue is clear too

Hello Corgiman, any idea how much these zone valves are then?
And can you recomend any suppliers for parts?

I should have mentioned that the PCB was removed and kind of cleaned, although not sure what affect this would have on a circuit board, and refitted. It didn't play up for a while but neither was the outside temperature quite so cold.

I take it that asking Ideal direct might have me replacing all but the casing??

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Cheers for the advise so far,

Any other ideas just in case though? My Boiler man is coming back at the weekend

All appreciated.

Many Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back