Shower tray waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!
I know that this subject has been discussed before, but there has not been any mention, to my knowledge, of installing a shower tray and waste pipes on a concrete floor of a bungalow. I think I need to build a raised platform on which to place the shower tray for waste plus pipes to run to outer wall. I'd be grateful for any advice.
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
dont hav 2 b the case. let a tray & trap in to a concrete floor 3 weeks ago . took 2 hrs a 9" angle grinder with a diamond blade & a sds chisel drill & a sh1t load of dust but the means justifies the end if ya fussy. have you already bought the tray as they are available with legs to avoid this.

if your problem is thiers not enough room to fit a trap under your shower tray try a hepworth Vo trap, just used one on a shower/steamroom works a treat, can be instaled vertical or my favorite posission horizontal

Bear in mind the maintenance aspect. How are you going to get to the waste if (when) it gets blocked?

You may be able to fit a trap with a 'dip tube' that can be removed from the top so you can get a 'snake' down the outlet when you need to.

I wish I had thought of that before I fitted ours :oops:

Sponsored Links
Hi!
Thank you for replying so soon!
Well, you have given me something to really think about and developed my knowledge at the same time!! I am at the planning stage, so I will choose,wisely I hope, the most suitable (height/legs) shower tray for the job.
Do 'building regs' allow you to come out of an outer wall with a waste pipe under the dpc?
Have you heard of anyone cutting a channel in interior wall to hide the waste pipe or just box it, but I will allow for maintenance. There will be loads of dust whatever I do!!

Cheers again.Happy 2007!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back