Hotpoint DF61

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would appreciate advise on how to remove the side covers of this machine. I have very good reason to suspect that the pump used for emptying the machine, is faulty. I have checked for blockages in the waste pipe, and that the one way valve is operating. However the impeller does not rotate. although it is not jammed with anything and is free to move.
By removing the two screws from the front edge of each side cover, they become loose but are apparently held in place by the top surface of the formica cover. There are no obvious fixings to this surface. I thought it might slide or hinge by means of the two plastic fixings at the rear. I am reluctant to force the issue in case I damage anything.
Any advise would be appreciated. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
press the latch upwards on underside back of lid and push lid backwards at the same time, one side at a time.

assuhors said:
press the latch upwards on underside back of lid and push lid backwards at the same time, one side at a time.

Many thanks Assuhors. I did as you said. Very easy when you how.
Went on to discover that the impellor needed to be free'd up a bit. Have run it a good number of times and it empties well now.
Thanks again :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back