Recent content by Alan12

  1. A

    Leak from guttering joint

    Thanks. The connection between the guttering and downpipe is actually loose. It can be disconnected/pulled apart. Not sure if they are meant to be like that - in which case there will always be a gap for water to flow out, or if they are meant to be a tight fit?
  2. A

    Leak from guttering joint

    Hello, Getting water leaking from guttering joints, both from connection between guttering and down pipe and at a gutter joint. The leak was because the gutter was blocked so I have cleared that out, but I’m looking for some advise on how best to fix this joints? I’ve put some photos below. Leak...
  3. A

    Getting shower cover to seal

    Hello, Any suggestions on the best sealant to get this fascia/cover to stick to the tiling and stop water going behind it? Thanks
  4. A

    Extractor fan sealant

    Hello, I replaced my bathroom extractor fan because the previous one had stopped working. New one is working well but I think I should have probably put some sealant under the base of the fan to seal it? If so, what kind of sealant is recommended? Also, there was nothing holding the ducting to...
  5. A

    What light bulb do I need?

    Thanks, I got an ES and it fit
  6. A

    What light bulb do I need?

    Thanks for the replies. Here are a few more photos. I’ve put a paper ruler in there for sizing to try help give perspective. I’ve tried a SES as I have a spare bulb at home and too small
  7. A

    What light bulb do I need?

    Hello, I have purchased a light fitting but I can’t figure out what bulb it takes. The booklet it came with said gu10 but I purchased a gu10 bulb and it didn’t fit. Any ideas what kind of bulb I need? Thanks
  8. A

    Changing a light fitting

    Ok so I’ve managed to change the fitting. I took the metal attachments off which left an inner thread which I then fit on the nuts in the existing bracket. left with a slight gap in plaster. How do I fix that
  9. A

    Changing a light fitting

    Great thank you, got it off. It was the paint that had it stuck as suggested
  10. A

    Changing a light fitting

    Hi all, I am trying to change a light fitting I have. Struggling to figure out how to remove the old one. There are no set screws on the base. There is a screw mechanism around her cable but it does not release the fitting base when undone. Any suggestions? Thanks
  11. A

    Rust coloured leak from radiator

    Here’s the bleed valve. I’ve marked in red the area I cleaned yesterday (img 3876) which had come back today (img 3891)
  12. A

    Rust coloured leak from radiator

    Yes I cleaned the staining on the end panel yesterday and it’s back today
  13. A

    Rust coloured leak from radiator

    Hi all, I have noticed a rust coloured liquid leaking intermittently from one of my radiators. Seems to be from near the radiator valve but not directly under it. I cleaned the area in the radiator itself yesterday (the photo with my face partly in it) but the rust colour has come back which...
  14. A

    Floor tile in bathroom lifting

    Hello, I have a bathroom floor tile that has lifted up from one side, I can push it down but it springs back up. Flooring was done before we moved into the house, and we found it like this when we moved in. How do I go about fixing this?
  15. A

    Leak from bath

    Thanks @Madrab , I ordered one of the sets similar to that @HERTS P&D mentioned yesterday which has a box spanner because I think that’s what’s needed in that space. If I do what you suggest, I think I’ll prob have to take both the taps off as they’re attached to each other. Are there any screws...
Back
Top