Recent content by Badger40

  1. B

    Garage Felt shingles leaking / mould on inside

    If it is this what can be done about it? Under the shingles is felt. It looks like it was felt for a while and then they went over the top with shingles.
  2. B

    Garage Felt shingles leaking / mould on inside

    Any ideas of what I can look at next or anything I can do to stop the damage.
  3. B

    Garage Felt shingles leaking / mould on inside

    It looks like it was felt underneath and then they have put shingles on top.
  4. B

    Garage Felt shingles leaking / mould on inside

    Managed to get up there today all the shingles look to be nailed and glued down, couldn’t really flap any up a couple of areas it seemed the shingles were not adhered to the ply as a section would move when I walked on it. Couldn’t see any tears or anything else like that.
  5. B

    Garage Felt shingles leaking / mould on inside

    Thanks for the replies. I assumed as the damage is located in line with the truss and not widespread it was water coming in from outside. And that’s where I should focus on looking for a leak / damage or apply some sort of repair. I will look for condensation. Is wet and forget suitable for...
  6. B

    Garage Felt shingles leaking / mould on inside

    Does anyone think blackjack or similar over the top of the leaking area all the way the roof in a strip would help?
  7. B

    Garage Felt shingles leaking / mould on inside

    I’ve sprayed with wet and forget the worst of the moss isn’t quite where the worst of the mould is but not a million miles away.
  8. B

    Garage Felt shingles leaking / mould on inside

    Hello, First year in this house and noticed some yellow mould on the inside of the garage roof either side of the truss running all the way down. I’m assuming the felt shingles on the other side of the ply are letting water through. I got on the roof for a look and they look ok although there...
  9. B

    Replacing tiled shower floor with shower tray

    Picture of waste going to the external soil for a laugh, with a laser line on it. The wiring isn’t exactly smart either.
  10. B

    Replacing tiled shower floor with shower tray

    I started another thread about the above ended up the original waste pipe went uphill which was causing the issue in the shower when the bath was being let out, the pipe had been rendered into the top of the hole. Anyway shower is up and running and it’s only the tiling around the edge to do...
  11. B

    Waste pipe sizing and issues

    I will see if that’s do able if not I take it upgrading as much as possible to 50mm is the next best solution? Or is that a waste of time?
  12. B

    Waste pipe sizing and issues

    Hello, I’m soon to connect my new shower tray waste pipe, the existing waste is 40mm and as per the attached picture takes bath, sink and shower. When letting the bath out it used to fill the shower a bit, I don’t want this happening with the new one. Do all the pipes need upping to 50mm? Could...
  13. B

    Replacing tiled shower floor with shower tray

    The waste is the next job the current pipe is 40mm and takes the bath then sink then shower then to the soil stack outside. We had the issues when a big bath was let out some water backed up into the shower tray not a lot but enough to worry. As I’m probably going to cut a 1m section of waste...
  14. B

    Replacing tiled shower floor with shower tray

    Yeh I ended up running the tape in a C shape in the undercut and painting over the lot, ended up tanking and lapping the tape up the extra gap around the two sides, so it’s sort of sitting in a tanked bowl. I will tile the gap eventually.
  15. B

    Replacing tiled shower floor with shower tray

    Thanks for the help this has been a bit of a pig of a job but I think it now looks like it was always meant to be there, the level with the existing tile is almost spot on.
Back
Top