Recent content by barki

  1. B

    Can I chop out this area of brickwork?

    They roll backwards in the track, rather than 'up & over' style. Track supported from curling. Still I see your point.
  2. B

    Can I chop out this area of brickwork?

    Just checked - the lower horizontal C24 timber is fixed downwards into the brick and the vertical C24 timber at the end up against the oak beam is screwed into it at about 1' intervals top to bottom.
  3. B

    Can I chop out this area of brickwork?

    Hi, Thanks again. Regarding the bolting of the legs - the product can be ordered tone face mounted on one side and side mounted on the other. So if chop out the bricks as indicated, I'd have face mounted on both sides, with the door/frame sitting behind the opening bolted forwards I to the...
  4. B

    Can I chop out this area of brickwork?

    This kind of door fits just behind the opening. I have another in my garage, see below photos of - The 'leg' side on, with spring. Is goes vertical until almost the top. - Angle view showing the depth of it. In my proposals, one side would sit behind existing brick & timber. The other side...
  5. B

    Can I chop out this area of brickwork?

    Thanks. May I ask, would you say the same if I needs to go deeper than the 60mm - say, the full 90mm, nearly the full depth of the first whole brick. Leaving not much more than one whole brick thickness behind that. Wouldn't be worth adding maybe a steel angle plate or similar to replace lost...
  6. B

    Can I chop out this area of brickwork?

    Thank you. That's encouraging. Unsure how I'm going to go about deciding one-way or the other. Hmmmm. What I'll probably do is think about it literally all night several times and then make a decision when I've had no sleep for three days :D .
  7. B

    Can I chop out this area of brickwork?

    Hi all, I plan to install a sectional garage door onto the front of my currently open cart lodge so I can store the family cycles etc inside. Looking at the below photo, on the left hand edges the 'legs' for the door frame will be behind the brickwork and timber reveal, no problem. However...
  8. B

    How to approach laying a path here

    Have already done this bit
  9. B

    How to approach laying a path here

    No change, just to make a straight line of the existing edge to become the edge of the new path, flush.
  10. B

    How to approach laying a path here

    I did wonder about that. But then drainage for the gravel bit becomes tricky. A seemingly small job and yet so many little questions! I probably have over thought it now.
  11. B

    How to approach laying a path here

    Just splashback soaking through the brick and making the inside wet. Currently it's wie open at the front but I'm considering putting a door on it in future.
  12. B

    How to approach laying a path here

    Understood, thanks. Also, going ontop introduces the DPC issue (above one, below one, granted). Ive got a decent large grinder, I think I'll cut a straight edge along the foundation pad 4" and lay flush with the top of the foundation. Seems to be least likely to cause future problems. Cheers v...
  13. B

    How to approach laying a path here

    Load bearing on these is fine - I've got a path at the other side of the house which I laid with these 4 years ago with no issues. 20mm porcelain. Going on a 25mm bed of reinforced mortar (with priming slurry on the back of the tiles) and that'll be on compacted type 1. Am edging with 50mm...
  14. B

    How to approach laying a path here

    Sorry I didn't mention that before, plot thickens
  15. B

    How to approach laying a path here

    Thanks. Inside of the wall pictured below - note DPC at ground level and also at the top. Seems odd to me. External paving will bring the exterior level up to one brick above the lower DPC but well below the upper one. Until recently their was earth heaped all along here (half way up the...
Back
Top