Recent content by Beansbaked

  1. B

    Old loft hatch

    .
  2. B

    Old loft hatch

    I’m worried it could be asbestos insulating board so im thinking it’s probably best to get someone out to remove it when we are ready to have any works done
  3. B

    Old loft hatch

    If it is asbestos I don’t want to be doing that
  4. B

    Old loft hatch

    Thanks, I’ve researched and there’s nowhere here that accepts it so I think I’ll have to have it removed professionally
  5. B

    Old loft hatch

    Was plasterboard bright white back then?
  6. B

    Old loft hatch

    Thanks, Im going with the thoughts of it’s not doing any harm if its not messed around with but the next time we go up there I’ll take some photos. I wondered if it was normal for an older house and something people came across often.
  7. B

    Old loft hatch

    Sorry for what’s probably another daft question but has anyone come across asbestos loft hatches? Ive had a little scroll but couldn’t find any information on here. I’ve got a 1950s push up loft hatch. We are thinking of having a new hatch with a ladder installed and came across the possibility...
  8. B

    Asbestos underlay

    I read it on asbestos-sampling.com “Asbestos roofing felt typically has a black, grey, and white speckled textured appearance. It is one of the easier asbestos products to identify although it can look similar to standard roofing felt.” I also came up in a few different searches which were...
  9. B

    Asbestos underlay

    One roof was done by a local firm (who I’ve asked about asbestos when doing our guttering and soffits - he said if I wanted the soffits removed I’ll have to get an asbestos company in) and the other was done by the council so I would have thought they would have asked.
  10. B

    Asbestos underlay

    It’s not doing any harm at the moment im just wondering what it means if we do convert the loft or possibly when we have a new roof. Roofers and builders must come across it quite a lot if it’s in as many roofs as Google suggests. 2 houses in the road both had a new roof in the last few years so...
  11. B

    Asbestos underlay

    Hi our house was built in the 1950-1960s. W are thinking of possibly having a loft conversion in the future so was doing a little bit of research and came across an article saying the underlay in a loft could contain asbestos, especially if it’s black and white. I know the only way to know for...
  12. B

    Chimney stack removal

    It’s surprised me how many have been removed. I hadn’t noticed until I started taking notice. I think mine will look odd but thats better than spending lots of money on its upkeep
  13. B

    Chimney stack removal

    I hadn’t thought of it as the mortar crumbling. I assumed it had cracked and moved and what’s why it’s leaning. You are probably right though as the top had a huge crack in it before we had it replaced last year so I wonder if water had run down it when it rained and caused the damage. That’s...
  14. B

    Chimney stack removal

    It’s blocked up downstairs and I definitely wouldn’t have a log burner installed ever. Plus I’m worried about it leaning
  15. B

    Chimney stack removal

    The top few layers need relaying and then rest repointing plus it’s leaning a little so if it was taken down all of the issues will be gone in one hit instead of it needing something else next year and so on
Back
Top