Recent content by Benny5

  1. B

    BT DTR-T4000 YouView Box. Replacement suggestions

    Just to provide an update. After disconnecting everything and leaving it overnight, on restarting this morning its functioning much better. While the picture quality on some channels is not as good as in the past, the 'No Signal' issue on start-up has gone, for now at least. Therefore I shall...
  2. B

    BT DTR-T4000 YouView Box. Replacement suggestions

    Thanks for the input. As for overheating, its not excessively hot. I've opened it up and removed any dust and cleaned the fan. The failure symptoms I've noticed are; 1) Picture breakup but the same aerial also feeding TV is fine. 2) When the box has been idle for a period of time (E.G while...
  3. B

    BT DTR-T4000 YouView Box. Replacement suggestions

    My current seven-year-old BT DTR-T4000 box (Non subscription) is exhibiting signs of failure. I am looking for some pointers as to the best replacement options. One option is to go for a ‘like for like’ replacement. Cost; available on different platforms £100-£150. An alternative is the EE TV...
  4. B

    What wireless thermostats are compatible with the BDR91 relay?

    So its pot luck what might be delivered, unless you have a 'Physical' store where you can check the packaging before purchase.
  5. B

    What wireless thermostats are compatible with the BDR91 relay?

    Anyone know if there is any validity to this statement posted by Honeywell Support? "There are different part numbers for the T3R wireless programmable room thermostat: T3R - Wireless version - Y3H710RF0053 ( this has his own receiver box) T3R - (compatible with BDR91) - Y3H710RF0053-1."
  6. B

    How long should a 12v Car Battey last?

    It was an Exide LFB carbon boost 2.0 EL600 60ah. Cost, including fitting £136.80.
  7. B

    How long should a 12v Car Battey last?

    Just to finalise this thread, I’ve already had a replacement fitted. Thanks to all contributors.
  8. B

    How long should a 12v Car Battey last?

    Checked a couple of local independent Garages today and both have the programming procedure to re-code the system. So I am using one of those, prefer to support local traders, and their costs are less than Halfords. Thanks to everyone that has made a contribution.
  9. B

    How long should a 12v Car Battey last?

    I’m not absolutely sure but I think it has. Otherwise, I would have changed it out rather than paying Halfords the extra for fitting. I expect they will have the expertise/equipment to change it out seamlessly.
  10. B

    How long should a 12v Car Battey last?

    Yes, I'm planning on get it changed out in the next few days. Thanks for all the input.
  11. B

    How long should a 12v Car Battey last?

    Lots of data there. This is the one that stands out for a non-tech like me; 21/10/2025 IDE01834 Battery voltage 12.256 V (Engine Off) Its not too dissimilar to my reading of 12.17v.
  12. B

    How long should a 12v Car Battey last?

    Really appreciate that. A cursory look and it suggests Halfords may be my best bet, Yuasa with a 5 year guarantee £155 fitted.
  13. B

    How long should a 12v Car Battey last?

    Thank you for that. The battery is not displaying any of the usually failure symptoms, no problem starting, dash light goes out once started and the battery ‘status window’ is black. It’s just I have seen that car batteries generally last for 4-5 years hence the reason for doing the test. Is...
  14. B

    How long should a 12v Car Battey last?

    I’ve got an August 2016 VW Polo (22K Miles) with its original battery and while there are no obvious signs of failure I don’t want to suffer a sudden breakdown. Using a multimeter I’ve taken some readings; 1)After standing overnight 12 deg (Garaged) I get 12.17v. 2)Engine running for 2 minutes...
  15. B

    Ring Doorbell Alternative

    Agree 100%.
Back
Top